Darren Spruell wrote:
> On 2/13/07, Han Boetes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Darren Spruell wrote:
> > > Instead we end up with a GPL driver that has to be reverse
> > > engineered and we end up with the same problems we already have.
> >
> > Since when is the GPL a close source license?
>
> Who said it was?
>
> If you mean what I said about the same problems we already have,
> I mean that we don't have specifications and documentation from
> which a reliable driver can be written. Problems with magic
> numbers and unclear implementation details have been pointed out
> in the past.  Reverse engineering can only take you so far, no?

Oh right, the Greg KH stuff. I think he should not take half the
deal. They should refuse to sign NDA, just like RMS insists.

Even if the driver was BSD licensed it wouldn't help you since a
linux driver is incompatible with a BSD driver.

This is not a BSD v GPL issue at all. This is about some stupid
developer accepting a deal when he should fight on.

Hardware specifications must be available to all people. Anything
else is immoral.

# Han