atstake atstake escreveu:
> My named doesn't bind to my private IP and only binds to localhost.
>
> starting BIND 9.3.2-P1
> command channel listening on 127.0.0.1#953
> command channel listening on ::1#953
>
> I already have the listen-on option in /var/named/etc/named.conf file
> pointed to my private IP.
>
> options {
> listen-on { 192.168.25.5; };
> allow-recursion { clients; };
> };
>
> If I do a "named -c /var/named/etc/named.conf" it gives error -
>
> none:0: open: /var/named/etc/named.conf: file not found
>
> But the file is there and all files under /var/named are root:named.
>
> My "/var/named/etc/named.conf" symlinks to /etc/named.conf. And if I
> start bind typing "named" it starts on 127.0.0.1 by reading
> /etc/named.conf by default.
>
> Also, if I do "named -c /etc/named.conf -g" it actually listens on my
> private IP along with localhost. Netstat output -
>
> 192.168.25.5.domain *.*
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

AFAIK, bind on openbsd listen on all interfaces. Even the dynamically
created ones. The only issue i found is, that it doesn't listen on
0.0.0.0 or ::, it listens on each address of each interface. When an
interface is created, like a ppp or a tun interface, it take a time to
listen on that interface. I don't know how long is this time, but it
never was a big deal to me. I think you don't need to set the listen on
option, unless you really need it. And also, you must edit the file
/var/named/etc/named.conf. After, simply issuing a named, with no
options, will use that file and run in chroot.

My regards,
--
Giancarlo Razzolini
Linux User 172199

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]