Since upgrading a couple firewalls this weekend from 3.8 to 4.0, I've
noticed a large increase in passive-mode FTP transfer timeouts.  Before
the upgrade, I had no issues...but now there are a number of client's
FTP servers that I have to transfer files to and from that transfers
simply fail on.  I can log in just fine, but the data connections hang
at random.  Sometimes they work, but often they don't.

I've increased the debugging on ftp-proxy and it isn't telling me
anything relevant.

my ftpproxy_flags are "-r"

relevant lines from my pf.conf:
-------------------------------

nat-anchor "ftp-proxy/*"
rdr-anchor "ftp-proxy/*"
rdr on $int_if inet proto tcp from any to any port 21 -> 127.0.0.1 8021

anchor "ftp-proxy/*"
pass out on $ext_if proto tcp from ($ext_if) to any port 21 keep state

is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

TIA.
ryanc

--
Ryan Corder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Systems Engineer, NovaSys Health LLC.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]