On 2/14/07, Jack J. Woehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Feb 14, 2007, at 11:48 AM, Marc Ravensbergen wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 February 2007 10:18 am, you wrote:
>> On 2/14/07, Jeff Rollin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is becoming one of those topics which goes on way to long,
and in which all the modalities applicable to OpenBSD have been
exhausted much earlier in the discussion.

NDA's bad. Freedom good. Blobs suck. This is policy enforced by
the owner of the name "OpenBSD". Linux, Gnu and other subjects
have their own mailing lists.

Only if you operate under the assumption that the actions of these
other groups don't undermine the efforts of your own. What this Linux
driver project is doing can seriously impact our ability to get the
vendors to release open docs.

Look down the road a few years when suddenly the amount of new
hardware supported under OpenBSD is at a lesser standard of quality
(or reduced). All it takese is for hardware vendors to be led into the
comforting knowledge that they don't *have* to release docs since the
most popular open source operating system grovels at their feet under
NDA.

DS