On 2/15/07, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
this refers to /var/www/tmp, check it exists and has appropriate
permissions.

I have made the tmp directory world-writable. Now if I try to save
anything on Mediawiki, it comes back saying "forbidden" the first time
around and if I try to save it the second time it goes back to:
http://www/mediawiki/index.php/OpenBSD which shows -

"Not Found

The requested URL /mediawiki/index.php/OpenBSD was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE) Server at www Port 80"

I'm not running Suse anywhere. My boxes are all OpenBSD.

Apache access_log shows -

"POST /mediawiki/index.php?title=OpenBSD&action=submit HTTP/1.1" 403 21

"GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 403 21

I'm not sure why it's trying to get a favicon.

Apache error_log shows -

File does not exist: /mydomain/favicon.ico
client denied by server configuration: /mydomain/favicon.ico

I don't have any favicon and I don't know why it needs one to save a file.

All the files under /var/www/mydomain/mediawiki are owned by root:bin
(UID:GID) and all directoried are owned by root:daemon (UID:GID). I'm
not sure whether I should change user from root to www.

There are 2 session (sess) files under /var/www/tmp with UID:GID
www:daemon and permission rw by owner.

Any further help would be appreciated.