Hi,

On Tue, 20.02.2007 at 12:33:17 -0500, Daniel Ouellet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > * Use a non-forking server.
> ???

I've been hit by guys who simply exhausted the maximum number of
processes I configured with Apache. What limits do you usually have?

This was effectively a DoS against all other users. Whether
intentionally or by accident, I can't say right now, but all
non-forking servers I'm aware of have a much slower memory consumption
rate.

> PF can handle rate limit pretty well, just increase your table size if
> you reach the limit of them and be aggressive optimization:

Yes. I was already using it with good success.

> You can deny request based on IE versions if need be from the stock
> apache. All my previously describe time limiting and redirect is only
> affecting the IE version and anything NOT IE pass without delay or redirect.

I don't want to generally deny, or slow down, IE users of the site (I
can't), but only want to deny them range requests. I didn't find a knob
in Apache to do this. If anyone else does, I'm still interested.

Best,
--Toni++