Hello Nick,

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Nick Holland wrote:

Stefan Kell wrote:
Hallo list,

I want to use this machine as a dual-boot system together with windows. It
is connected to a standard PS2-KVM, no USB-mouse or keyboard. Installation
of both Windows and OpenBSD 4.0 from CDs worked without any problems. But
now if I boot OpenBSD from harddisk the keyboard is locked at the login
prompt.

But I can use the keyboard in the BIOS, for the boot-manager, with the
standard boot-prompt of OpenBSD and within UKC. So something later in the
bootprocess is locking the keyboard.

I tried to use X-Windows but there is the problem that the mouse is not
responding. Maybe this is related?

Any sugestions? Dmesg follows

It sounds like this:
 http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq12.html#i386smouse

Some KVM switches work great, some don't.  I've got some that work
great while they work, but then the KVM switch itself crashes
regularly.  *sigh*

thank you for the link. I did miss this but have read other pages on the net which mention problems with KVMs. I am still wondering why I was able to install the system without problems. There must be a subtle difference between the installation kernel on the CD and the Generic one which causes the lockup. By the way, the lockup is not happening on each boot.

Regards

Stefan Kell