On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 09:55:24AM +0100, Joachim Schipper wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 09:18:03AM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > guys have you tried installing Postfix + Courier-Imap + Mysql + SASL2 +
> > > PostfixAdmin...? i've been looking for howto's several days for now but i
> > > couldn't help myself to let that quota work. i found that tutorial at
> > > http://postfix.wiki.xs4all.nl/index.php?title=OpenBSD_PostfixAdmin_Guide
> > > at works fine but the only that doesn't work is the quota. hope you could
> > > suggest some howto's for that. thank you guys.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > eduardo
> > >

> > I have no idea  if postfix uses mail.local(8) for local delivery, but
> > if it does, it is no surprise since mail.local(8) does not respect
> > quota, it runs as root.
> >
> > I have a diff to solve that if you're interested. Reminds me to push
> > it after release.
>
> I'm afraid postfix uses it's very own internal mail delivery agent.
> Which does deliver as the user in question.
>
> However, the original poster seems to ask postfix to use its internal
> quota handling (which is a good idea), which apparently has problems.
>
> I'd debug further, but I'm afraid I have very little time this week...

Okay, I've found some time to debug. No guarantees for the rest of the
week, though.

Could you:
1. Verify that you are actually using virtual(8), not local(8) [look at
the logs]
2. Use a normal (non-SQL) lookup table, which is easier to debug
3. Try if it works while changing only a minimum of options from the
default
4. If none of this helps, post the configuration from 3. and a full log
showing a message being delivered, from smtpd to virtual. Also post what
version of postfix you are running on what version of OpenBSD ('syctl
kern.version' is most likely sufficient, but you might want to add the
full dmesg).

                Joachim