Were you trying to be a jerk or somehow helpful with your first sentence?

I was responding to the lists, the message was originally sent to.

I'm well aware there are projects out there with moniker "Open" in the front. The individual asking about this is asking about the specific question of naming his OpenBSD ksh port OpenKSH. It seems to me there is no need to further muddy the waters (as you aptly point out are already dirty) with such a name.