At 03:16 PM 3/4/07, Lars D. NoodC)n wrote:
I can boot a variety of installer CDs (xubuntu and debian) and get the
same problem.  Here is how I am firing up qemu:

        qemu -k fi -cdrom debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso -boot d \
        -hda debian.ext2.dmg    -hdb debian.swap.dmg

However, the guest system is unable to mount the images or their
partitions seemingly regardless of how I create them.

How do you start qemu AFTER the install is completed?  Something like this?
        qemu -k fi -hda debian.ext2.dmg -hdb debian.swap.dmg