Le Dimanche 4 Mars 2007 15:51, Daniel Horecki a icrit :
> 2007/3/4, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > I am following FAQ 5.5 on building an X release (for my 4.0
> > system).
> >
> > I have successfully made the base system release but when following
> > the below steps I get the error:
> >
> >         lndir: ../XF4: No such file or directory
> >         make: don't know how to make build. Stop in /usr/Xbld.
> >         make: don't know how to make release. Stop in /usr/Xbld.
> >
> > I manually created the XF4 directory but it still didn't work:
> >
> >         make: don't know how to make build. Stop in /usr/Xbld.
> >         make: don't know how to make release. Stop in /usr/Xbld.
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
> Source of X. It should be in /usr/XF4, you can download it by cvs or
> tar.gz from ftp.

Ha.  Not used to downloading other than src, sys, and ports.

Anyway, I got it and I had it compiling for about an hour until I hit a
snag:

===> xvctl
install -c -s -o root -g bin  -m 555
xvctl /usr/Xbld/dest/usr/X11R6/bin/xvctl
install: xvctl: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/Xbld/extras/xvctl (line 127 of /usr/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/Xbld/extras.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/Xbld (line 164 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/Xbld (line 116 of Makefile).

Any ideas?

PM