* Karel Kulhavy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-03-17 19:47:00]:

> It would be better if OpenBSD could be maintained secure even without a
> skilled
> security professional.
>
> Today's trend is that things are accomodated to ordinary people. You don't
> need
> a driver anymore to professionally drive your car. You don't need to
> understand
> how the engine works anymore to operate the car properly. You don't need to
> understand megahertz anymore to tune your TV set.

Are you kidding me? OpenBSD does everything for you! Hardware and software
shipped with the system works right out of the box. The documentation is
complete, so you don't need to google for basic man pages. And don't even get
me started on the 2.4 radio support. Kismet just works. You don't have to track
down some crazy linux kernel patch, make sure you have all the right modules
loaded, etc. The installer is sparse, and it's a good thing. You partition the
disks, extract the OS and set your root password. It's all very simple. You've
probably noticed this stuff, well, the security works just the same. You don't
have to do anything to make the system more secure. You can only reverse that.

OpenBSD is the easiest operating system I have ever worked with.

--
Travers Buda