>From an architecture standpoint, It wouldn't be within the mandate of
sshd(8) anyway.  You'd accomplish this using some userland resource
quota enforcement policy (max number of processes, max instances of a
shell).

Hell you could do it in /etc/profile or ~/.cshrc

I don't know of one OTTMH, but I'm sure that one probably exists out
there.

PS this sounds like a perfectly good idea for embedded platforms.

~BAS