Hi,

On Sunday, 18. March 2007 14:00, Henning Brauer wrote:
> Easy. I don't have to download large quantities of source with CVS, I
> > only have to compile those parts of the source that are affected by a
> > patch.
>
> err? assuming you have release code intsalled (which you need for
> patching too),
>   cd /usr/src/sys; cvs -d [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs up -rOPENBSD_4_0
> will not download "large quantitites of source"

I guess you're right, but compared to the amount of bits an errata takes,
anything else certainly is "large" by comparison ;-)

Also, I actually like the idea of the errata because I can grasp changes
quickly without having to check CVS entries. I just open the patch file, take
a quick look at the changes and most of the time I actually can grasp the
differences. This doesn't take more than a couple of minutes normally. And
since errata are more or less the exception I don't have to patch so often.

regards,
Tobias W.