Hi Tobias,

> On Sunday, 18. March 2007 19:00, Thomas Leveille wrote:
> > Am I the only one to find this stupid ? Why should you need a
> browser
> > in a server ?
>
> I sometimes depend on lynx to download stuff from sourceforge where
> no direct
> download link is supplied.

I ran elinks, the text driver, before and finally I have to coming back
to gui browser.  Download is not a problem to me.  I ran wget on
Terminal to get the job done.

Without X I can tunnel via SSH to a workstation to do installation and
fine tuning a server, running the latter headless.  But I have to run 2
PCs doing a single job.

So my final solution is to have X and a lightweight deskstop such as
Xfce, winframe, etc. installed on the server but without running them
at boot.  After finish I can erase all of them or just leaving them
there, administrating the server via a workstation.

B.R.
Stephen