Claudio Jeker wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 01:48:44PM +0100, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 12:36:00PM -0500, R. Fumione wrote:
Hello,

I am using OpenBSD on server since few years now, and I am very happy
with it's easy maintenance and it's stability. I want to try on
desktop, and I am having trouble.

Everything is much slower than existing Linux system. For example,
Firefox takes 3-5 seconds to start on Linux but ~10 seconds on
OpenBSD on same machine!
I have the same problem. The FFS doesn't seem to be as fast as ext2.

On the other hand I never lost data on ffs while a crashing linux box
likes to eat up file systems. If you like to get ext2 speed just mount
your filesystems async and hope for the best (that's what linux is doing).

That's what transactional filesystems like ext3 and reiserfs are for. I can highly recommend reiserfs.

Glenn