Hello.

I am looking for a laptop to replace my old, but excellent,
Dell Latitude CPi R400GT (this computer has a broken hinge right now).
The OpenBSD/i386 laptop page (http://www.openbsd.org/i386-laptop.html)
has a lot of information on Thinkpads (from the earliest models to
the most recent units), but the Thinkpad T30 is missing.

I would like to buy one, or two, used (better surplus) units of the
Thinkpad laptops (T23, T30, and T40 up to T43p are being considered).
Sadly, it is not easy to get a unit of these models and I need to see
what is available for sale and choose a machine that is not broken.

Is the T30 as well supported as the T23 and T40-T43p Thinkpads?

I just want to make sure that any T23-T43p is right for OpenBSD
(I know that the Lucent Technologies softmodem available on some units
is not supported... I cannot understand how Lucent Technologies made
these proprietary devices).

Cheers,
Igor.