On 2007/03/20 16:10, Paul Pruett wrote:

> I looked through /usr/ports/comms
> and /usr/ports/telephony I think this could be
> done with the port package asterisk,

Not without additional hardware (or porting your phone number
to a voip gateway provider, if you can do such a thing where you
live)

> but it does
> look complex and I wondered if another package
> was more appropriate than a VOIP package?

mgetty might have something useful - see
http://home.leo.org/~doering/mgetty/mgetty_15.html

> I did google some notes for [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> but I did not read that it is
> the same as the port ASTERISK.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (now renamed trixbox) is a CentOS-based linux
distribution with pre-installed Asterisk and supporting pieces.

I'll take the opportunity to point out that {3.9,4.0}-stable
ports trees have just had an update to Asterisk to fix a remote
(unauthenticated user) chan_sip vulnerability (-current has
had 1.2.16 since shortly after unlock). Packages later.