Woodchuck wrote:
[...]
> I sent a longer ramble offlist

Indeed. Ta.

> , but onlist, the bottom line is this:
> you'll save some memory, a few megabytes, but if they are the tipping
> point between usefulness and non-usefulness of the machine, spend
> your time and money on Ebay, finding more memory.

Unfortunately the box is currently maxed out on memory (it's a laptop).

It won't be serving very much; I'm looking to replace my existing NSLU2
running Debian, which is doing thttpd, postfix, samba, nfsd, spamprobe, spey,
dovecot, and dnsmasq. (I'd actually quite like to continue using the NSLU2
but
it doesn't turn on automatically --- which is a pain in the arse whenever
there's a power cut --- and I'd rather use OpenBSD, anyway. Is anyone working
on an NSLU2 port?)

The only thing I can expand it with now is hard disk space, via a USB2
Cardbus
adaptor. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the EHCI interface working
--- I posted a dmesg a few days ago, but it may have been eaten by the
mailing
list software; I'd only just subscribed.

--
bbb o=o=o< o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o<o=o=o=
 bbb

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]