On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 05:44:12PM +1000, David Gwynne wrote:
> As the commit message says, be careful if you're following -current and
> you have a recent sata controller. There's a chance it will claim to be
> supported by ahci(4), which means your disks will change their name
> from wd to sd. If that happens, simply rename them in /etc/fstab and
> reboot, everything will be ok.
>
> If it isn't ok, then email me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and Chris Pascoe
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) with a bug report and we'll have a look at it.

Miod kindly pointed out that you can opt out of using ahci(4) by using
config(8) or UKC (via boot -c at the boot prompt) to disable ahci. You
can do this if you're not comfortable with the state of ahci or atascsi
yet, or if ahci screws up and you need to get back into your system and
email us a bug report.

dlg