You don't recompile your kernel? Isn't that part of keeping with stable?

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul de Weerd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:27 PM
To: John Brahy
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: rmoption INET6

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 01:54:48PM -0700, John Brahy wrote:
| Is there any reason I shouldn't add rmoption INET6 to my kernel? I don't
use
| IPV6.

The fact that you will run your own, unsupported, frankensteined
kernel may be detrimental to your quest. You may want to remove driver
support for all the hardware that you don't have, remove support for
ccd, pfsync, carp and other fun software goodies you never plan on
using, but to what end ?

If you really fear the IPv6-beast, use pf to 'block in all inet6' and
just don't care. Don't build your own kernel. See the FAQ.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/