On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 03:03:06PM +1000, Sunnz wrote:
> So both OpenVPN and Ipec are VPN? Which one is more secure? If I have
> UNIX(like) OS only in my network which one can be used?

Yes, they can both be used to implement VPNs. Most operating systems
have some degree of support for IPsec, and OpenVPN runs on most OSes, as
well.

There are a lot of cruddy IPsec implementations out there, though, and
it tends to be rather complicated. On the other hand, it should be
faster than OpenVPN, and can be better tailored to one's needs.

All in all, I might choose OpenVPN if it involved end users (lots of
NAT, Windows, and other crappy stuff), would probably go for IPsec if
only handling UNIXes that supported it (even if it's harder than
OpenVPN to set up), and not even consider OpenVPN if I only needed to
support OpenBSD.

                Joachim