Hello,

> On 2007/03/30 13:18, Roy Kim wrote:
>> I didn't realize there's two different batteries. What does the
>> 'intelligent' version of the battery do extra?
>
> LSIiBBU01 (intelligent) has some kind of comms relating to charge state
> etc, I think it may also have a longer runtime.
>
> LSIBBU03 (non-intelligent) doesn't, and was something like a third of the
> price where I bought mine (scan.co.uk).

AFAIK the intelligent BBU has memory onboard so you can swap the
controller below in case of failure and turn the machine back on
and write the cache back to the disks, that's also why they sell
it for this much money. But nobody I know ever bought one or tried
that. The dumb ones have been sufficient so far.

-sm