Hi Claudio,

In fact, I'm looking to had a third providers soon (maybe 4-5 weeks)
so I will start to use 3 routers.  I also want to use OSPF for future
expension.

I have one interface by router dedicated to inter-router traffic
(iBGP, OSPF and of course the data to the other upstream provider)

I have read your documents "Routing with OpenBSD using OpenOSPFD and
OpenBGPD" and "OpenOSPFD"
(http://www.networx.ch/OpenOSPFD%20-%20Presentation.pdf) and I'm under
the impression that is possible to announce the MASTER interface of a
CARP group with OpenOSPFD.

"OpenOSPFD will honour the state of the carp(4) interface and only the router
that is carp master will announce the network to the other routers. There is one
problem left OpenOSPFD is not able to preempt the carp(4) interface if one of
the OSPF links goes down. Currently the best way to solve this issue is to add a
direct connection between the two carp routers."

"Instead use carp to connect a LAN with servers to an OSPF cloud
more than one ospf router
default gateway on servers is carped and does not change
Use a "passive" carp interface and multiple ethernet interfaces to
connect router to the OSPF cloud; link-state of carp interface is
tracked
route in the OSPF cloud will always point to the active carp interface"

I want to be able to loose my connection to Upstream provider 1 and to
loose my connection to the "lan" on router2 without loosing the
connection to Internet.

In case my explanation are not clear, I have put a draft of my network
here: http://step.polymtl.ca/~spock/draft.jpg

Do you think is possible to do this with OpenOSPFD ?

I have also reread your first post, if I understand correctly, it's
already supposed to work?  I will double check monday when I will be
in front of my lab but friday when I have check, the routers are not
advertise the carp route to the other router.

Thanks for your help,
FranC'ois

2007/4/7, Claudio Jeker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 12:21:19PM -0400, Frangois Rousseau wrote:
> But how I'm suppose to annonce the route for the right carp interface?
> Right now my servers can always reach the router because of the CARP
> interface but the router can't always reach the servers...
>
> If I unplug the cable of my CARP interface (bge2 for example), all
> traffic from this router (directly from him or from my upstream
> provider) can't reach the servers because the router still have only 1
> route going directly to his bge2 interface (the interface with carp)
> and he have no clue of the MASTER interface.
>
> Maybe I'm worng  and OSPF is not the solution.
>
> What I try to do is to have a redundant gateway for my servers (CARP)
> and I want to have 2 upstreams provider with BGP (multihoming)
>
> I need a way for this 2 routers to talk to each other and share their
> internal routes to know how to reach both of the "exit" point (route
> to both upstream provider) and how to reach the MASTER interface of
> every CARP group.
>
> Any idea?

If you are just running with two routers you don't need to use OSPF.
Use CARP for the inside network, setup the upstream sessions on each
router (perhaps even using "depend on carp" to fail over the sessions) and
setup a IBGP session between the two routers -- best via a dedicated
interface. Set "set nexthop self" on the IBGP sessions and you should be
fine.

--
:wq Claudio