On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 04:38:49PM +0200, Mispunt wrote:
> It will take some time before ntpd begins with syncing. Don't ask me
> why, but it took a day for me before my ntpd was beginning with
> syncing.

I think this is different, because it's reporting "Connection Refused"
rather than allowing connections but reporting as not synced.

> On 4/8/07, Reza Muhammad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ># Addresses to listen on (ntpd does not listen by default)
> >listen on 192.168.1.1
<snip>
> >and here's the log from /var/log/daemon after I run the service:
> >Apr  8 21:09:32 blowfish ntpd[14921]: listening on 192.168.1.1
> >Apr  8 21:09:32 blowfish ntpd[14921]: ntp engine ready
> >Apr  8 21:09:51 blowfish ntpd[14921]: peer 203.123.49.3 now valid
<snip>
> >Even though it seems to be working, I still can't get the date to sync
> >from clients.  When I try to telnet to 192.168.1.1 on port 123, it says
> >"Connection Refused".  But the daemon is running on the server:

Have you enabled pf on the machine running ntpd? From your configuration
and logs it does seem that ntpd is configured and running correctly.
Best guess is that you have "block return" for that port, or as the
default. The easiest test would be to temporarily disable pf (pfctl -d)
and try your telnet test again. If that works then it's your pf rules...

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/