On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 11:19:50AM +0200, giovanni wrote:
> my laptop has a core 2 processor (T5500) but because my acpi dsdt
> lacks of PCT, PSS and PPC I can't use acpicpu for playing w/ setperf

The setperf mechanism is not MP safe hence why it was disabled, the case
of core duo 2 this might work because of shared registers dim@ or
someone more familiar with EST would have to comment on that, but in a
general case you will likely only change the speed of one cpu the
cpu that happened to handle the sysctl.

Note that it will look to you in userland like both cpus were changed
 because cpuspeed will be altered by EST but it may not be the case,
and frankly there is the potential for some nasty side effects.

There is an mp safe sysctl diff for i386 in some semblance of
completness but I will likely not be finished till after I finish exams
(early may)

gwk