From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Dan Farrell
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 11:02 AM
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: how to view Ethernet frame CRC errors

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to view L2 frame CRC errors on an interface. I've
scoured netstat, but found nothing (from what I've known of it it's all
Layer 3 anyway).

I googled and came up rather empty ("FCS error openBSD", "ethernet frame
CRC errors openbsd", etc.) .

The purpose for this is to deduce duplex-mismatch problems on Fast
Ethernet interfaces where you only have visibility/control over one side
of the Ethernet connection.

If there is no way to specifically view counters like this are there
other counters (or a combination of counters) I can look to that would
definitively show a duplex-mismatch situation (as in no false-positives)
? I know there are error counters in "netstat -i" but are those always
going to mean there is a duplex mismatch problem (it just seems there's
a lack of detail there so those errors could result from a variety of
issues)? Is there anything to be gleaned from a "netstat -s" to show
this also?

I appreciate any suggestions,

Dan Farrell
Applied Innovations Corp.