Chris Jones wrote:
Hey all,

I know that it's possible to run GRE over and IPsec tunnel but I am
wondering if anyone here has seen some good documentation (besides the man
pages) or a howto on setting this up. I'm trying to config my OpenBSD
4.0firewall to interop with a route-based VPN network with a mix of
Fortigate
and Netscreen firewalls. Fortigates and Netscreens both use GRE interaces as
"tunnel interfaces" when creating route-based VPN tunnels. Right now all
endpoints are using un-numbered (0.0.0.0/0) GRE interfaces and so I would

I've been setting up IPSEC tunnels with Juniper/NetScreen firewalls for years. I've never done GRE. I have setup a simple tunnel with Juniper/NetScreen to OpenBSD. I didn't use GRE. I don't see why you need GRE since IPSEC does tunnels.