On 4/11/07, Joshua Gimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We have several production web servers and I am trying to figure out a way
to removing world write support from chmod. I have already written a wrapper
for the chmod command, but it does not seem to work within sftp; has anyone
encountered anything that could help in implementing this, or have any
suggestions

You mean, make it so that
chmod o+w
doesn't work?

Intuition from hanging around misc@ long enough tells me that there is
a good reason to keep this support, and that you're trying to solve
the wrong problem. But if you really want this you should edit chmod's
source code directly; it's simpler, and any wrapper would have to have
access to the original, and any user would have to have access to the
wrapper, and so because of the way unix permissions work any user
would still have access to chmod (I think, right?); you're not really
planning on security by obscurity are you?

-Nick