On 4/12/07, Vim Visual <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is the GRAPE card

http://www.metrix.co.jp/grape6A.html

Now... I'd like to install OpenBSD on the cluster, of course... all I
need is in the OS. But our IT department is not that happy... they
want a debian and I'm very crossed.

According to them, there aren't any drivers for the Raid Controller...
Is that true?

What RAID? This is a PCI card. It might be that there are no drivers
for the card itself. The webpage says the CD contains an "interface
library" but doesn't explain that and the link at the bottom is dead.
It might be that the library talks directly to the PCI bus? In that
case it would probably be linux-specific.

It might actually be simpler to go with debian. If you really want
OpenBSD, you could do the data analysis on the debian and pipe it over
a socket to OpenBSD, though depending on your usage this might be a
bottleneck, completely eliminating the use of having hardware
acceleration in the first place.

-Nick