On Apr 16, 2007, at 1:13 PM, Ronnie Garcia wrote:

Kian Mohageri a icrit :
On 4/16/07, Ronnie Garcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It depends on the rate of the states changes.
Here, we have ~30mbits on pfsync, for ~40mbits of traffic (!)
On our college campus with 50Mbps, we see ~8Mbps pfsync traffic.
Your ratio amazes me...  What type of environment is that in?
Content delivery (web servers, streaming).
Approx 100 servers.

That makes more sense. Streaming is a very different world than standard internet access for customers. I would anticipate that my pfsync traffic would probably end up being pretty low. On my main link now, I am seeing around a 1000 packets per second and usage going from between 3 to 6 Mbps both in and out depending on time of day. I am peaking at 6 Mbps more and more often and so I am moving up to a DS3. That was the next logical leap. I am running in the neighborhood of 10,000 to 13,000 states. Obviously I have no need for gigabit but it was an interesting idea. Do you guys think a pair of Soekris net4801's in a carp(4) setup would do all right with up to 10 Mbps with a 100 to 150 rule pf.conf given what I mentioned above? I have some P3 boxes that I plan on eventually using as carp boxes but the project isn't completed yet.

Bryan