Hi all.

At work I am experiencing with setting up some distributed file system, at the
current moment working with NFS. The problem is that it is being setup at work
and people, from their homes, need to be able to mount the system.

I have no prior experience in this, except for setting up and using NFS across
a LAN.

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations regarding security,
effectiveness and other advices!

I have been thinking about tunneling NFS over SSH2, and possibly using some
kind of cache, but I do not know if this is actually the best approach. I have
also been thinking about using AFS as posted before.

Also perhaps, but not necessary, support for Windows could be needed in the
long run.

What are you guys using and how is it setup?

Best and kind regards!

Rico.