Hi,

> Hm, this could point to violated hardware specifications, memory cells
> that aren't used fast enough and thus not auto-refreshed in time.
>
> I presume the Alpha-bug is OpenBSD-only so it's definitely not a
> hardware problem? Could be that OpenBSD uses certain parts not often
> enough.
>
> Slow down the clocks to see if it's in that direction? And if so, start
> reading the datasheets...
>
> If someone in The Netherlands is really interested I can provide 433 and
> 500MHz Miata's, we also have an original DEC Alpha AXP development board
> available, I presume with a 166MHz 21064, boots via Ethernet with bootp.
> Ethernet, yes the original version, we have a DEC Ethernet-BNC adapter
> for it too.

the main problem with the damned thing is that you can't reproduce it
reliably. no matter what I do, the machines I have will crash "likely"
within a week, but there is no guarantee even for that.

I thought i found something, binding it to the "cheaper" cpus but
according to other peoples experiences it just seems to spread over
all alpha systems, just some have it and some don't. some less and some
more. no common denominator to be found so far.

I played with the machines for weeks and months and just couldn't find
anything pointing in any real direction. nothing reliable.

looks like everybody was banging it's head against that stuff for
years and nothing worked so far...

just turned them off after some time, had other things to do and was
better for my electricity bill. ;)

-sm