At 02:09 PM 4/19/07, Charles Longeau wrote:

2007/4/19, Frank Bax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On an older box still running 3.5; gunzip/gzip does not change lastmod
> time; but on 4.0 [release] gunzip changes the lastmod time.  What's the
> reason for this change?

This was a bug and it has been fixed. For more info, please see :
http://cvs.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-wrapper?full=yes&numbers=5417

Wow; I missed my big chance. I actually spotted the problem in January, but thought I must have missed something. My first assumption is always that any problem I see must have been by some else first; or I'm doing something wrong.