> "pcmcia cardbus" is an oxymoron.

Whoops...
Something like "childproof" and "CiscoWorks"? :-)

> pcmcia is a 16bit isa-like bus w/ 3.3v and 5v power.
> cardbus is a pci-like 32bit bus w/ 3.3v power only.
> pccard is a form factor for this devices also.

Hmmm...
I have something that looks like a couple of pcmcia cards, which fit into two
pcmcia slots... I don't have a tester at home, so I can't check voltages.
The laptop is quite old, (8 years old at the very least), the wireless card
is a Netgear WPN511, described only as pccard, the ethernet card... I can't
really say, there's nothing interesting written on it.

I suppose I'm talking about pcmcia, but anyway Paul de Weerd wways it doesn't
matter.

This evening I'll try with my (way newer) Dell company laptop, on which I've
just finished re-installing OpenBSD 4.0, using the same configurations.

Thank you all anyway,
have a nice weekend,
Manuel
http://mail.yahoo.com