* Joachim Schipper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-04-20 14:49]:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 12:36:29PM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > * Joachim Schipper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-04-20 00:36]:

> > > Something like that might be a very good idea, yes. Just don't try to
> > > serve everything directly off NFS.
> >
> > there is nothing wrong with serving directly from NFS.
>
> Really? You have a lot more experience in this area, so I will defer to
> you if you are sure, but it seems to me that in the sort of system I
> explicitly assumed (something like a web farm), serving everything off
> NFS would involve either very expensive hardware or be rather slow.

no. cache works. reads are no problem whatsoever in this kind of setup
(well. I am sure you can make that a problem with many frontend servers
and lots to read. obviously. but for any sane number of frontends,
should not)

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de