frantisek holop wrote:
> hmm, on Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 04:27:21PM -0600, Theo de Raadt said that
>> > today my openbsd package arived (thanks wim) and i know that
>> > it's not released yet, but i was wondering if it was possible
>> > to make the packages available on the ftp servers.  the base
>> > system is not there yet, so obviously only people who have
>> > pre-ordered would have a use for it.
>>
>> No, sorry, we won't make them available yet.
>
> i can't think of any serious reason, could you help out a bit?
>
> getting dangerously close to whining, i really think you are
> punishing pre-orderers here.  the faq says prefer binary packages.
> i'd really like to.
>
> -f

don't look at it as a punishment, just a limit on your reward. :)
The reward is getting access to the release early.  You got that,
you don't get absolutely everything.  Yet. :)

The 4.1 infrastructure isn't in place yet.  Unless you really know
what you are doing, you really shouldn't be running 4.1-release yet
in mission critical applications, as it is unsupported code.  That
will change on May 1...

Nick.