I was redirected here from the tech group.

I am trying to install OpenBSD 4.0 on a Dell OptiPlex 745. The computer has
a SATA CD-ROM and a SATA hard drive.

After the install/upgrade/shell part, I see a lot of kernel messages.
Everything looks normal, and it looks like all of my hardware is detected.
The install appears to go okay, but then it hangs after the file sets are
copied. It doesn't matter if I select all, some, or the minimal file sets:
the installation always hangs after the copy is finished. I tried a separate
set of CDs, just to see if that was the issue, but I get the same result. I
also tried reducing the size of the root partition to see if that was an
issue.

Another member suggested that I try Ctrl-Z after the hang. If it stops the
job, then the installation program has hung. I tried it. ^Z displays on the
screen, but I do not get a shell. Apparently this means that the kernel has
hung.

I'm trying to get a dmesg, but there's no floppy drive and the network card
isn't working yet.

I have no idea what's going wrong. Can someone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance,

Chris