On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:27:58 -0500
Marco Peereboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 08:17:16PM +0200, Rico Secada wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:30:03 -0700

> > > why are you asking this list about somebody else's patch?
> >
> > Because I was looking for people using OpenBSD who might have issues with
> > this patch.
>
> If this was a good idea don't you think someone who is actually involved
> in OpenSSH code would have done this already?

Hi Marco

You may think this is a bad idea. I don't know if you have ever been involved
in
the OpenSSH project, but I do know for a fact, that some other good ideas
has been cancelled because of problems with resources.

Perhaps someone wanted to do this but other devs didn't accept that, how
should I know?

When you do reply, why don't you just reply by given your explanation for
why its a bad idea? Oh wait, I know! I am just a stupid user who just posted
the wrong damned question right!?

Like Chris said:

> If you are instead being disingenuous (yes yes, I know you are) perhaps you
> could explain to us why you think this isn't a good idea.

Lets hear it! I think its a great idea, and I know we greatly need it at work,
perhaps I might learn something! I for one also think scponly is a great idea,
and I know a lot of other people use it as well. Having this implemented into
OpenSSH rather than using different kind of insecure hacks would be very nice!

sftp is supposed to be a secure replacement of the insecure ftp, thats great!
I just love OpenSSH and its implementations. But it clearly lacks some
features regarding configuration in comparison with ftp!
Without the jail options, having users wander about freely, isn't
always a wanted situation.