On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 02:48:45PM -0700, patrick keshishian wrote:
> Personally, I find it a slight bit disturbing that simply loading
> a firmware would cause what could be categorized as a DoS
> attack, albeit a self-induced one.

Yes the uath(4) driver has some bugs.  With no documentation and an
unfriendly vendor, it is maybe not much fun for developers to work on
supporting this thing better.  Why spend order of magnitude more time
reverse engineering this sucky thing when you could instead work on
supporting a device from a friendly vendor who provides docs?

That said, you could file a bug report with sendbug and maybe someone
will feel like looking at it.  Developers always like closing PRs, and
details are easily lost on [EMAIL PROTECTED]