I bought a Realtek based 4 port pci 10/110 card off of ebay.

I was hoping I would be able to use this card to set-up for individual networks. When I boot the card in openbsd it only comes up with one (ral0) interface. Is it possible this is just a 'switching' card and I cant route traffic across the ports?

It has a realtek RTL8305SC controller chip on it - which according to what I've read has 5 MAC's - Maybe I'm not understanding what this card is supposed to do correctly.

Shouldn't OpenBSD provide four ral interfaces when you boot with this card? Is there something I need to change to get openbsd to recognize the additional ports.

I've read that there may be problems with 'older' computers. I have this in a PIII - perhaps that would qualify as 'older' ?

Thanks!