Steven Surdock wrote:
Can anyone provide some insight as to the correct configuration of a
sasyncd slave server with respect to /etc/rc.conf.local?  For example,
is the following correct?

---------------
ntpd_flags=             # enabled during install
sasyncd_flags=""        # for normal use: ""
pf=YES                  # Packet filter / NAT
pf_rules=/etc/pf.conf   # Packet filter rules file
pflogd_flags=           # add more flags, ie. "-s 256"
isakmpd_flags="-K"      # for normal use: ""
ipsec=YES                # IPsec
ipsec_rules=/etc/ipsec.conf     # IPsec rules file
---------------

Where /etc/ipsec.conf is identical to the master server.  I originally
had "ipsec=NO" but the SA's did not renegotiate eight hours (or so)
after a failover:-(  Do I need a "-a" for isakmpd?

Thanks!

-Steve S.

Can you provide details of your /etc/sasyncd.conf file

Mine looks like this on master:
interface carp1
peer 192.168.30.2
sharedkey "F00Mat1cA3S|3n"

On slave:
interface carp1
peer 192.168.30.1
sharedkey "F00Mat1cA3S|3n"

apart from the usual
isakmpd_flags="-K"
ipsec=YES

on both the hosts and valid config file on both hosts

Hope this helps!
Prabhu
-