On Tue, 01 May 2007 13:15:04 -0500, Otto Moerbeek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Aaron Hsu wrote:

On Tue, 01 May 2007 03:35:33 -0500, Otto Moerbeek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]

> The UKC prompt is still not working, you'll need an ACPI enabled > bsd.rd.

I do not haveb&unfortunately, a current installation of OpenBSD on which I can
compile a new BSD.RD kernel. Is there a way I can work around this?

[...]

One quite involved method I can think of: if you have parallels, you
could use that to build a ACPI enabled release (see release(8), remove
"disable" from the acpi line for GENERIC and RAMDISK_CD).

Well wait a second, that makes sense! Hah, I think I can do that. All I would have to do is build two new kernels, right? A BSD.RD and a BSD? And then I could just make a bootable iso straight from the rest of 4.1, no?

--
Aaron Hsu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke