Jonathan Whiteman wrote:
Hey everyone,

I've got a really stupid but really simple question. If I have an openbsd machine acting as an internal router (private IP addresses on all interfaces) for several subnets that have to share physical ethernet devices, should I use IP aliases or vlans, and in either case, would I need packetfilter as well?

Any advice is appreciated.  I just need to know where to start reading.
~jon

Vlans. There is plenty of information out there on the intarweb and at your nearest bookstore. Once you have a basic grasp, check out vlan(4). When you're ready to move forward and have questions, post to misc@ or [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we'll help you out.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting