On 5/4/07, Karel Kulhavy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello

I connected a 10Mbps free space optics link to a 10Mbps hub to which OpenBSD
4.0 machine (Dell Inspiron 510m) was connected. The link had probably bad
signal because on the Dell directly (i. e. in the NIC) I could receive the RTP
that was transmitted through the link, but another device couldn't, a switch
wouldn't broadcast it (even when it were IP/Ethernet broadcast) and the hub was
flashing traffic only on the LED where it was connected and not the other ones
(so it probably thought the traffic is damaged and not worth, though it didn't
report any collisions).

After a while observing nonsensical Ethernet frames with nonsensical protocol
fields in Wireshark (which went away when I shielded away the carrier beam) I
Do you still have the packets? If you do, can you replay them and see
if the crash
happens.