Hi Nick,

Tks for your advice and URL.

Finally I figured out the problem coming from one of the RAM sticks.  After
replacing the questioned stick with another old RAM stick, the old P-II
Intel box is now working.

Linux LiveCD can start and worked.

Ran OBSD 4.1 to start Shell.

# disklabel /dev/wd0j
# /dev/wd0j:
type: ESDI
disk: ESDI/IDE disk
label: Maxtor 91021U2
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 16
sectors/cylinder: 1008
cylinders: 16383
total sectors: 20010816
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # microseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # microseconds
drivedata: 0

16 partitions:
#             size        offset  fstype [fsize bsize  cpg]
  c:      20010816             0  unused      0     0      # Cyl     0 -
19851
  i:      11816721            63   MSDOS                   # Cyl     0*-
11722
  j:       8192961      11816847   MSDOS                   # Cyl 11723*-
19850
*end*

OBSD 4.1 installer found wd0 and started "fdisk."  I just stopped there.

B.R.
Stephen