Maurice Janssen wrote:
Now, why PERL would do this, I have no clue, but it does anyway in the usage done by awstats.

So far I reproduce this 5 times, so it's pretty consistent.

What may cause this, I do not know more, but look like when PERL needs to process huge amount of data, it end up affecting the server in ways to make it crash/freeze.
I don't think that Perl is the problem.  Other programs would probably
also be able to crash the machine, if the load is high enough.
So far 5x it's always happen with PERL kicking in and starting the load.

Does it survive 'make build' or orther disk/cpu/mem intensive task?

Yes no problem there. I did that test, rebuilt kernel and full userland.

No problem. I also have the same problem with the same version on an IBM e326 as well that run PERL a lots and the box freeze and need hard reset. That IBM only run MySQL and nothing else as a cnam server ofr VoIP, but PERL is use for the handling of the connection for VoIP SIP from the outside. Crash three time so far. Different boxes, different applications, but common point is PERL so far.

That's really all I have, but both will be wiped out soon and 4.1 put in place and will see.

Just find it weird that PREL is the only common point on AMD64 and both are running OpenBSD 3.9 (GENERIC.MP) if that have anything to do with it.