On 10/05/07, Emilio Perea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 12:10:13AM +0200, Martin Toft wrote:
> Nobody answered my second "question" though :) Maybe nobody knows the
> answer? :)
> www.openbsd.org was the only valid site (ignoring mirror sites). Is this
> just bullshit?

I think the question was answered indirectly when he mentioned
www.openbsd.org being a mirror site.  As I understand it, openbsd.org is
the "root" site (probably in Theo's house) but www.openbsd.org is the
main mirror located at the university.  It has much higher bandwidth so
it should be used instead.  As a matter of courtesy as well as
practicality, you should use www.openbsd.org instead.

www.openbsd.org has some scripts and pages that no other mirror
carries, i.e. /cgi-bin/man.cgi, /cgi-bin/cvsweb and a few others.

But you don't have to worry about it -- all mirrors link to
www.openbsd.org for those pages that they are not supposed to carry.

Cheers,
Constantine.