On 5/10/07, Diana Eichert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2007, Jason McIntyre wrote:
>
> > note that cu and tip have separate man pages now.
> > jmc
>
> yeah, I just looked in one of the ssh sessions I had running, it's running
> 3.5.

 Can you use cu/tip to start a session with a box with no kernel to start a
remote install?  The man page says

"cu/tip establishes a full-duplex connection to another machine, giving the
appearance of being logged in directly on the remote CPU."

This part leads me to believe that it should be no problem, but reading
further,

"It goes with-out saying that you must have a login on the machine (or
equivalent) to which you wish to connect."

Makes me think some sort of OS has to be present before using cu.  I have a
couple of sparc machines with no monitor/OS that I would love to throw an OS
on..

Zach