On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 11:09:03AM -0700, Peter Hessler wrote:
> you forgot to enable sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 on the first test.
> Turn that on, then re-measure the speeds of the bridge.

bridging is layer 2 and has nothing to do with net.inet.ip.forwarding=1.
The problem is more somewhere deep inside the bridging code. One possible
problem could be a to small interface queue but I could be totaly wrong.
If nobody beats me I will have a look at this somewhen in the next month
or so.

--
:wq Claudio